Head On Photo Awards 2015 Finalist George Byrne
Exhibition submissions are closed! Our wonderful selction committee are now hard at work reviewing a record 400+ submissions - so much high quality work. The Head On team will be starting to notify all applicants very soon. Looking forward to another bumper festival in May 2018!
Back to our photo of the month, which is by George Byrne, a finalist of the Head On Photo Awards on multiple occasions and winner of the NSW Landscape Prize 2017. We wish to congratulate him on his first New York show at Olsen Gruin New York - for more information about George's show, click here
Head On team recommendations for this month
- September 6: Key Hole (On this day in Photography)
- More than half of Londons galleries are failing (ArtNews)
- Do museums need to be more socially engaged? (Apollo)
- How a photo of me went viral while I was covering Venezuela's protests (ABC News)
- Underwater Swimmer, a Shot That Changed Photography Forever (AnOther)
- How Photography Helped me: Leif Sandberg (PhotoVoice)
- Don’t look away (Aeon)
- The ragged glory of Russia’s forgotten circus culture (Huck)
- Raw portraits of the transient kids who travel america’s trains (i-d Vice)
Enjoy! See you next month.