Table of Contents
Submissions are now closed.
Please contact us on mail[at]headon.com.au
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
- The 2018 Festival is open to Applicants of any age, residing anywhere (not restricted to Australia)
- An application fee of AUD$15 per submission is payable at the time of submitting the proposal
- Applicants may submit more than one proposal
- Submissions can be for solo exhibitions or on behalf of a group
- Submissions can be for printed photography exhibitions, or multi-media of any genre and subject matter
- Applicants accepted into Head On Photo Festival 2018 can exhibit during the festival in more than one exhibition providing the work is not from the same series and each exhibition has been approved by Head On Photo Festival.
- The Applicant warrants that all works submitted are original works created by the Applicant, and that such works do not infringe any third party's copyright, other intellectual property rights, moral rights or rights to privacy, and are not defamatory or otherwise in breach of any law. The Applicant agrees to indemnify Head On Foundation Ltd and Head On Photo Festival for any possible loss or legal action against it.
- Copyright in any works submitted will remain the property of the Applicant. Head On Photo Festival is entitled to use any image submitted for marketing and promotional purposes. Applicants agree that their images may be reproduced in any marketing and promotion of their work and of Head On Photo Festival and be included in exhibition catalogue(s), limited edition postcards and on the Head On Photo Festival website. Such use may be in any media whatsoever. Head On Photo Festival will use its best endeavours to credit the photographer whenever their image is used. Head On Photo Festival will endeavour not to crop images whenever these images are used.
- If accepted as an Associated Exhibitor, a registration fee will be payable to Head On Foundation Ltd and the Exhibitor will be responsible for securing an appropriate venue. The Exhibitor will be required to bear all production costs and administration associated with the exhibition of their work (including printing and venue costs).
- If accepted as a Featured Exhibitor or as Exhibitor for a Head On Curated Exhibition, a registration fee will be payable to Head On Foundation Ltd and the Exhibitor will be invited by Head On Photo Festival to exhibit at a specific venue. The Exhibitor may also suggest a venue to Head On Photo Festival. The Exhibitor will be required to bear all or a portion of exhibition costs (including printing and venue costs). The costs will vary depending on venue and exhibition specifications.
- Any work accepted into the festival may not be exhibited in Sydney between 1 December 2017 and the opening of Head On Photo Festival 2018 unless agreed to in writing by Head On Photo Festival.
- Exhibitors will NOT exhibit the work accepted into Head On Photo Festival 2018 in more than one Sydney location (whether as part of the 2017 Festival or not) during May 2018 unless approved by Head On Photo Festival by 1 February 2017.
- Exhibitors will only exhibit work from the body of work or project accepted into Head On Photo Festival. Applicants cannot change the curatorial structure of the exhibition without prior confirmation in writing from Head On Photo Festival.
- Upon acceptance into the Festival, Exhibitors will receive guidelines and Terms and Conditions for exhibitors.
- Head On Photo Festival shall be entitled to exclude or remove from the 2018 Festival any Applicant or Exhibitor who has submitted false information or who does not comply with all terms and conditions set out by Head On Photo Festival.
Submissions are now closed.
Please contact us mail[at]headon.com.au
EXHIBITION APPLICATION PROCESS
- Agree to the terms and conditions (refer above)
- Pay the submission fee of AUD$15.00 per submission
- Submit work according to the specifications:
- For still photography:
- Upload 10 images - 1200 pixels longest side saved as jpg compression level 8
- Do not watermark your images
- For multi-media/short film/short video, upload one frame and provide a link to the full video Saved in HD 720P format (1280x720) as MPEG-4, compression H264 (more info)
- For still photography:
- Submit info about the exhibition (up to 1500 characters)
- Specify the genre(s) of the work
- Submit biography (up to 750 characters)
- Provide name, email, telephone numbers and address
- If a submission is accepted into the 2018 Festival, the Applicant must pay a Registration Fee to Head On Foundation Ltd to secure their place. The Exhibitor will be required to pay additional costs in relation to the exhibition, as outlined above.
- Submissions can only be made via the Head On Photo Festival website (www.headon.com.au) during the submission period (15 Aug – 17 Sept 2017)
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee nominated by Head On Photo Festival and/or by the Festival’s Creative Director, Moshe Rosenzveig. The committee will be comprised of industry experts such as photographers, picture editors and curators and will be led by the Festival’s Creative Director, Moshe Rosenzveig.
The images submitted by the Applicant should be included in the final exhibition. Any substitutions, changes or variations to the original submission must be approved by Head On Photo Festival by 16 February 2018. Head On Photo Festival reserves the right not to include an exhibition which includes images that are not approved by Head On Photo Festival, in its absolute discretion.
Successful applicants will be invited to exhibit during Head On Photo Festival as either Associated or Featured exhibitors. Some artists may be invited to exhibit as part of a Head On Curated exhibition.
Exhibitors should confirm their participation as soon as possible. Artists who have not paid their registration fee will not be included in the program. To secure your place, payment must be received by Fri 10 Nov. There will be no exceptions.
Head On Photo Festival shall be entitled to exclude or remove from the 2018 Festival any Applicant or Exhibitor who has submitted false information or who does not comply with all terms and conditions set out by Head On Photo Festival.
COSTS FOR EXHIBITORS TO EXHIBIT DURING HEAD ON PHOTO FESTIVAL 2018
Registration fee payable upon acceptance into the festival. This fee is fully refundable upon request in writing (up until Friday 24 February 2018) if the exhibition does not take place in Head On Photo Festival 2018.
Exhibition costs vary according to the type of venue, the services provided by the venue and the requirements for each individual exhibitor (exhibition design, framing or not, size and number of prints etc.)
Head On Photo Festival endeavours to assist all exhibitors where possible; for example by negotiating discounted services from preferred suppliers and subsidising Head On Photo Festival services (coordination/project management, promotion, web pages, printed program etc.)
Exhibitors cover the exhibition costs; these may include venue, printing, mounting, framing, installation, gallery-minding, de-installation, freight to and from the venue, opening events
Head On Curated exhibitions production costs are partially subsidised by Head On Photo Festival with some costs to be covered by the exhibitor and/or venue; these costs will be discussed with each exhibitor upon acceptance to the festival. The number of Head On Curated exhibitions is limited.
KEY DATES – (MAY BE UPDATED AT HEAD ON’S DISCRETION)
|Tuesday 15 Aug||Submissions open|
|Sunday 17 Sept||Submissions close|
|Friday 20 Oct||Notification to successful and unsuccessful Applicants and invitation to participate as either Associated or Featured/Head On Curated Artist|
|Friday 10 November 2017||Featured exhibitors to confirm their participation|
|Friday 10 November 2017||Deadline for exhibitors to pay registration fee to participate in the 2017 Festival – you do not need to have a venue confirmed at this stage|
|Friday 02 Feb 2018||Start to upload six images (specifications will be provided) & exhibition details for the program & webpage/s. Head On Photo Festival may request higher resolution images for printed marketing purposes.|
|Monday 26 February 2018||Deadline for all exhibitors to upload all exhibition details to Head On Photo Festival website.|
|Monday 26 February 2018||Festival program close|