Is something holding you back from getting that next client?
Is your work getting the exposure that it deserves?
Are you getting meaningful and constructive feedback on your work?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a Head On portfolio review can help you.
Our reviewers will give you honest and constructive advice on your work and will also propose possible paths forward.
Our goal is to ensure that you have access to quality industry feedback at an affordable rate.
Book a session today to take your first steps to improve your photography.
Portfolio reviews traditionally run at photo festivals or as stand-alone events. While it is a fantastic opportunity to get feedback and to network with industry leaders, it requires a large investment from you both in time and cash. Between registration fees, travel expenses and printing your portfolio it can cost thousands of dollars, not to mention the potential loss of income while you are away.
We are not here to replace portfolio reviews but to offer something different; instead of you going to the reviewers, what if they came to you?
How does it work?
Each private session consists of a 20 min Skype session with two members of the Head On Photo Festival Curatorial team. The session is adapted to address your specific needs such as
- - Finding your unique voice
- - Pinpointing your technical strengths and weaknesses (composition, camera skills etc.)
- - Helping you create a portfolio that sells
- - Guiding you through shooting a personal project
- - Identifying key shots for your project to build around
- - Exhibition design and book sequencing
All sessions are in English
Before the session
- Please pay and book a time
- One week before the review, please send us:
- - 20 images you wish to discuss.
- - Several questions you have about your work.
- - Description of your body of work. (if applicable).
- - A short biography
- Please check that you have the latest version of Skype as we will not have time on the day of your scheduled meeting to address any technical issues. We advise a Skype test before the meeting date
ABOUT THE Reviewers
The Head On Photo Festival curatorial team is led by the festival's Creative Director Moshe Rosenzveig OAM. Moshe has been a judge and portfolio reviewer for many international festivals including the internationally acclaimed Head On Photo Awards, Les Rencontre d'Arles and Pingyao International Photo Festival. Moshe is a nominator for the Joop Swart Masterclass and has taught photography at various institutions including the University of Technology and the Australian Film Television and Radio School.
The sessions are suitable for everyone
We can help photographers at all career stages to improve their skills and vision in our one on one sessions, no matter where they are on their journey.
Cost: $50 (Approximately US$36 or €32)
Limited to 20 places
Book early to secure your preferred time.
Dates and times:
8am- 2pm Wed 16 January 2019 (Sydney GMT+11)
5am-11am Wed 16 January 2019 (Singapore GMT +8)
10pm-4am Tue/Wed 15-16 January 2019 (Paris GMT +1)
4pm-10pm Tue 15 January 2019 (New York GMT -5)
4pm-10pm Thur 17 January (Sydney GMT+11)
1pm-7pm Thur 17 January (Singapore GMT +8)
6am-12pm Thur 17 January (Paris GMT +1)
12am-6am Thur 17 January (New York GMT -5)