About Head On Spotlight
Head On Spotlight is a series of online, monthly, live discussions featuring acclaimed members of the photography world including photographers, photo editors, curators, publishers and more.
Head On Spotlight launched in July 2020 with the unique fine-art photographer, Roger Ballen.
Tune in every month as photographers share insights into their practice and industry experts offer their tips and tricks.
Sessions are free to Head On Annual members. Non-members may join selected sessions at a cost of AU$15.
Head On Spotlight are made possible with support from
- 3 Feb - Mark Rogers
- 3 Mar - International women's day
- 7 Apr - Photographic insights in 2021
- 3 May - Michael Robinson Chávez
- 9 Jun - Is it still possible to make money with photography?
- 7 Jul - Alexia Sinclair and the Photographic composite
- 4 Aug - Michael Grecco and masting light
- 15 Sept - Benjamin Lowy & Marvi Lacar
- 15 Oct - Natalie Grono, Anni Payne and Matthew Duchesne
- 3 Nov - Meet the selection committee
Every year we invite curators and directors to assist in selecting our exhibitions for Head On Photo Festival. This year, with the help of eleven globally significant and highly experienced members of the art community, we will be presenting over 110 exhibitions across Sydney and online.
Hear directly from some of the selection committee on what makes an exhibition proposal stand out and what they are most looking forward to seeing in person this year.
Date: Wednesday 3 November 2021
Time: 12:30pm (Sydney time)
Highlights from first show